16 Mar 2015

Tom Ford shade and illuminate by Sana K Makeup (Makeup artist and Hairstylist)

As contouring is the biggest thing on social media since Kim Kardashian or should I say thanks to her, here is my most luxurious item in two shades provided by Tom Ford beauty. Shade 1 is more of a flat brown (still has some warmth though) and shade 2 is a reddy brown (much warmer). In the pictures below I have swatched on my hand shade 1 is on the left and shade 2 is on the right. On the top of these colours I swatched the white creamy high lighter which on the skin looks like a shiny or a dewy effect.


The consistency of both the browny shader and the white looking high lighter is creamy and provides a satin effect. 
If you have oily skin I would not recommend this product as it will make you look shiny or maybe even sweaty especially the high lighter. You may try using a powder after to set this.

In London weather I have used this product several times on people with combination skin and dry skin and found it works a treat.

I have ofcourse as always used it on myself and always love the effect it gives onces blended in. I am an nc35 in MAC cosmetics and can use intensity 1. Intensity 2 looks very orangey on my skin so unless I have had a tan and can use nc44 I would not bother.

As a makeup artist I have experimented with this product further, and ended up using them as cream eye shadows and lip stains for photoshoots and again loved using them.

If you have used Kryolan TV paint sticks then I would say that in comparion Tom Ford shade and illuminators are very creamy and will not last more than half a day as oppsed to the dry consistency of Kryolan or Dermacolour for long wear that lasts even in humid conditions (like in the sub continent). Kryolan is also a thicker product whereas this is sheerer even though it is a cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment